DVD menu

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_KurtCobain_*

Guest_KurtCobain_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 March 2005 - 11:49 PM

Alright, I use Nero to burn my DVDs, but the menu just isn't cutting it for me, so I was wondering if there is a program I could download that is compatible with that, thanks.

#2 leglessmoof

leglessmoof

I Like Cheese

• Members
  • 63 posts
  • Favorite Album:They all kick ass!

Posted 04 March 2005 - 01:12 AM

Alright, I use Nero to burn my DVDs, but the menu just isn't cutting it for me, so I was wondering if there is a program I could download that is compatible with that, thanks.

Nero is a program for burning DVDs.

Adding menus and chapters to a DVD is called "authoring" and is competely seperate from the burning process. For newbie DVD authoring I would recommend TMPGEnc DVD Author. I'm not sure if there is a demo version available or not.

#3 Kathlib the Prophet

Kathlib the Prophet

Luck. Runs. Out.

• Staff
  • 2,885 posts

Posted 04 March 2005 - 01:39 AM

There's just a trial version available. I just downloaded it yesterday actually, I'd like to get into authoring DVDs and making custom menu artwork.

#4 leglessmoof

leglessmoof

I Like Cheese

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 04 March 2005 - 01:47 AM

There's just a trial version available. I just downloaded it yesterday actually, I'd like to get into authoring DVDs and making custom menu artwork.

In terms of making custom menus, DVD-lab Pro is probably the best DVD authoring program out there. However, it's very complex to use so you will definintely want to start out with TMPGEnc to get a feel for it. But you'll see as you use TMPGEnc that it's options for menu creation are pretty limited.

#5 Guest_Euge_*

Guest_Euge_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 March 2005 - 09:19 AM

I have TMPGEnc on my pc, anyone have a tutorial on it? because i havent a clue how to work it, and ive tried a lot :(

#6 Guest_shorteststraw_*

Guest_shorteststraw_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 March 2005 - 02:54 PM

I start to make authoring with the family of Adobe: Premier Pro, Encore 1.5 and also audition for the audio editing.
So...if you want you can try it...Spawn, if you use Photoshop you are able to use also Encore, for the menù...and Premier if you have to work on mixing video or something like that.
If you want to know more...let me know.

PS: Padova's show and the show that i upgrade are made by Encore and Premier.

#7 leglessmoof

leglessmoof

I Like Cheese

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 04 March 2005 - 03:37 PM

I have TMPGEnc on my pc, anyone have a tutorial on it? because i havent a clue how to work it, and ive tried a lot :(

There is a difference between "TMPGEnc" and "TMPGEnc DVD Author". Are you sure you have the DVD author? Because it's pretty easy to use, you should be able to figure most of it out without a tutorial.

But if you do need a tutorial check out http://www.videohelp.com/

#8 Guest_KurtCobain_*

Guest_KurtCobain_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 March 2005 - 05:39 PM

Thanks for giving me info guys!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users