• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 hellonearthinc

hellonearthinc
  • Banned
  • 19 posts
  • Favorite Album:Master of Puppets

Posted 16 March 2007 - 05:41 AM

Below is a menu i am currently working on for a dvd. Its still a work in progress, and more things will be added . Any advice on what else to add or delete to this menu.

Posted Image

i know some things are missing. What do you guys think so far.

Any input would be helpful, and i forgot to trim the size down for this post hope thats ok.
the phots are just for testing.

#2 Kathlib the Prophet

Kathlib the Prophet

Luck. Runs. Out.

• Staff
  • 2,885 posts
  • Favorite Album:They all kick ass!

Posted 16 March 2007 - 04:04 PM

The size, in pixels, of DVD menus should be:

PAL format: 720/768 pixels wide by 576 pixels high
NTSC format: 720 pixels wide by 480 pixels high

If it were me making the menu, I woud probably not have two logos, one on top of the other like that. Also, the bevel effects on the newer logo are a bit much.

I assume this menu would be for a 2006 DVD? The Master of Puppets text on the bottom should be taken out in my opinion, unless you make it say "20th Anniversary" or something. You can take it out by using Photoshop's Healing Brush Tool.

The three pictures should probably be taken out altogether, since that's where you're going to be adding the menu text anyway, and they don't really look all that great in the first place. The St. Anger fist is too small and so it looks more like a square, which looks bad because it doesn't flow with the collage feel that I think you intended to have. Also, it's a good idea to pick images that you can feather without having to take out important parts, like the top of James's head. :blush2: Lastly, be sure to feather out the "Metallica.com" text on the image, otherwise it just looks bad. Hope that can be of some help to you. :D

Alternatively, we do have a DVD menu artwork forum here where our cover artists can create menus for your authoring projects. HarmonyHavoc has been making nice sets of menus to match our 2006 DVD covers, similar to this menu, and I had also created some menu templates for 2006 shows a long time ago which you're welcome to use as well, if you want to. They look like this (there are many different versions): http://www.metcovera...e.php?pos=-8793

#3 hellonearthinc

hellonearthinc
  • Banned
  • 19 posts
  • Favorite Album:Master of Puppets

Posted 16 March 2007 - 05:14 PM

Thanks for your advice Spawn. I am getting Photoshop today. The above menu creation test was created using Dvd Menu Studio. I will use your advice. Thanks again

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users