Done

Metallica Vault Request

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_hmetalhed_*

Guest_hmetalhed_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 March 2005 - 06:00 AM

Hey everyone! I was going to post this request back on Mach 9 when it was originally updated but decided to wait until I downloaded it. Anyway here it is:

August 17, 1985

Donington Park

Donington, England*

Setlist

Creeping Death
Ride The Lightning
For Whom The Bell Tolls
The Four Horsemen
Fade To Black
Seek & Destroy
Whiplash
Motorbreath

and secondly..whoever does this..i was wondering if you could make a universal inside front cover for all the vault covers..like a universal front inlay that matches the covers...

Thank you for your time and Thanks in advance to whomever decides to do this cover

*Not sure of the exact name of the location but i think this is right

#2 frantik2k3

frantik2k3

The Freelancer

• Cover Artists
  • 582 posts
  • Favorite Album:They all kick ass!

Posted 30 March 2005 - 06:39 AM

I have an idea for the front inlay, but from where I stand, it may be hard to get it to come out right.

I was thinking something like a collage of live pics spanning the years (1983-2003) or whatever the years are that the Vault spans. The collage thing would be like the background with some cool texture over it and a large MetVault logo sitting in the middle.

Thus far, I have not been able to successfully make a collage type thing, so maybe one of the more-skilled artists around here could do it. Also, finding a good sized metvault logo may be hard, but not be necessary, because looking at the website, it does not look like it would be difficult to make from scratch. ;)

If the cover request is not taken by early next week, I will try it.

#3 Guest_hmetalhed_*

Guest_hmetalhed_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 March 2005 - 06:43 AM

what i invisioned for the front inlay might be alot easier to do..i as thinking the whole thing being the grey metal/cement looking design that the covers have and in the middle putting the metallica vault logo..i think that might work

#4 frantik2k3

frantik2k3

The Freelancer

• Cover Artists
  • 582 posts

Posted 30 March 2005 - 06:47 AM

what i invisioned for the front inlay might be alot easier to do..i as thinking the whole thing being the grey metal/cement looking design that the covers have and in the middle putting the metallica vault logo..i think that might work

Alright, well you are the one who is making the request for this thing. Just why did you not simply write this in the first place?

#5 Guest_hmetalhed_*

Guest_hmetalhed_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 March 2005 - 06:51 AM

i remember saying it when i made last months request....it just never got off the ground although there was slight interest in it if i recall correctly

#6 frantik2k3

frantik2k3

The Freelancer

• Cover Artists
  • 582 posts

Posted 02 April 2005 - 07:02 PM

Okay, so I'm back from my conference. Has anyone started this yet? ;) No one has it listed, so I am assuming no.

#7 frantik2k3

frantik2k3

The Freelancer

• Cover Artists
  • 582 posts

Posted 02 April 2005 - 11:46 PM

Done...Donington MetVault

Let me know if there is any mistakes. Enjoy! B)

Next up, your universial front inlay....

#8 Guest_hmetalhed_*

Guest_hmetalhed_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 April 2005 - 03:36 AM

much thanx my good man...these covers are kick ass like usual...i love the vault covers more than anything....sigh, if only the older ones had new covers....no im only joking...or am i?...yes i am..thanx alot and nice covers man!

#9 Mr.Metal

Mr.Metal

Hecho en Mexico

• Cover Artists
  • 226 posts

Posted 03 April 2005 - 03:52 AM

Good job man, those vault covers are pretty awesome :rock:
DVD List | Trading Status: OFF

#10 Kathlib the Prophet

Kathlib the Prophet

Luck. Runs. Out.

• Staff
  • 2,885 posts

Posted 03 April 2005 - 03:53 AM

sigh, if only the older ones had new covers....no im only joking...or am i?...yes i am..

The first three you mean? Yeah, they don't follow suit with the templates I made after the redesigned Met Vault was put online. Roamer made the first one, and after a couple months and people requesting covers I made the other two in Paint Shop Pro 7 and MS Paint, they were my second and third covers, after 1985.01.10 Scotia, NY. So, they all kind of suck.... :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users