Done

Need some special Padova 2004 Menus

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_psl86_*

Guest_psl86_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 June 2005 - 05:07 PM

I need some menu artwork to the Padova show 2004.

Im gonna reaauthor the 2nd angle, with menues, but it is for a special friend of mine who is moving from Norway to Italy th is summer..
I need plain backgrounds, but somehow stating "Remember me Roxy" (her name), somewhere..

Thanks

#2 Guest_jcfuel_*

Guest_jcfuel_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 June 2005 - 03:14 PM

How u doin man? Im gonna go for this. But i need to know somethings, like
- NTSC or PAL
- Intros (# pages)
- Chapters (# pages)
- Bonus (# pages if available)

You said you need plain graphics, does it mean you don't want any graphics in the menu? or just the background? Do u want "Remember Me Roxy" in just page or as part of the Menu artwork? Do you want some specific colors? Any specific picture? maybe a Pic from you with Roxy? I dont know, drop me some ideas that you would like to have on the menus.

Im asking you all this things cause i know this will be something special for you.

Let me know all of this and ill start working.
Cheers

#3 Guest_psl86_*

Guest_psl86_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 June 2005 - 06:30 PM

How u doin man? Im gonna go for this. But i need to know somethings, like
- NTSC or PAL
- Intros (# pages)
- Chapters (# pages)
- Bonus (# pages if available)

You said you need plain graphics, does it mean you don't want any graphics in the menu? or just the background? Do u want "Remember Me Roxy" in just page or as part of the Menu artwork? Do you want some specific colors? Any specific picture? maybe a Pic from you with Roxy? I dont know, drop me some ideas that you would like to have on the menus.

Im asking you all this things cause i know this will be something special for you.

Let me know all of this and ill start working.
Cheers

-PAL
-Main page: 1. setlist 2. play show
-Chapters (see under)
-No bonuses

As you see you have to backgrounds to be made.. Kirk is her favourite, so please put a nice pic of Kirk on the main page.. On the setlist page you can for example use this one: Kirk (tok that myself)

On the main page you can have Kirk, or the whole band and maybe this little picture on the same page (like not straight, but a bit on the side, like "xx degrees")

I can have some graphics, like "Metallica in Padova" and the date and those things.. Not some spesific colours, it just need to fit the pics..

Thanks jcfuel...

#4 Guest_jcfuel_*

Guest_jcfuel_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 June 2005 - 02:39 PM

Hey man, take a look to this ones. I haven't finished yet, cause i forgot to take Roxy's pic home. Tell me which of the main pages do you like (personally i prefer main padova2) and also tell me if you need another page for the chapters.

Main Padova 1
Posted Image

Main Padova 2
Posted Image

Chapter Padova
Posted Image

I use green, red and white, cause those are the colors of Italy's Flag. In Main Padova 2 i plan to pput Roxy's pic at the bottom of "Remember Me" Text.

Ill expect your comments.

BTW, how's your times? Cause i can upload the final menus on monday. This weekend is gonna be difficult to me cause im moving to my own department (no more rents!!) and there's a lot of work to do in there.

cheers

#5 Harmony Havoc

Harmony Havoc

Girls Love Metallica Best

• Cover Artists
  • 712 posts
  • Favorite Album:They all kick ass!

Posted 10 June 2005 - 04:19 PM

I like the main padova 1 best.... maybe just a little less glow around the text.
Posted Image

#6 frantik2k3

frantik2k3

The Freelancer

• Cover Artists
  • 582 posts

Posted 10 June 2005 - 05:10 PM

@Jcfuel - Don't forget about the "TV Safe Zone" when making your menu artwork.

Leglessmoof explains all about it that topic I showed you the other day.

#7 Guest_jcfuel_*

Guest_jcfuel_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 June 2005 - 05:28 PM

@Jcfuel - Don't forget about the "TV Safe Zone" when making your menu artwork.

Leglessmoof explains all about it that topic I showed you the other day.

I almost forgot that. Thanks for the tip. This is my first DVD Menu Artwork.

Cheers and thanks

#8 Kathlib the Prophet

Kathlib the Prophet

Luck. Runs. Out.

• Staff
  • 2,885 posts

Posted 10 June 2005 - 05:40 PM

Those look great but you've got a few things wrong:

The menus are NTSC sizes. PAL menus are 720x576 pixels.

The text is too close to the edges of the menu (outside the safe area) and will most likely end up cut off.

Here's a tutorial by leglessmoof on making menu artwork: http://www.metcovera...p?showtopic=386

#9 Guest_psl86_*

Guest_psl86_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 June 2005 - 01:57 PM

Great stuff, but as said, you have to think about the safe zone, or ovcerscan as it is called...I think main2 works best... Thanks,, Looking forward to seing the finished ones..

#10 Guest_jcfuel_*

Guest_jcfuel_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 June 2005 - 09:03 PM

Menu Artwork Done.

Main Menu

Chapter Menu

Cheers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users