Done

DVD Menus?

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_creepingdeath1128_*

Guest_creepingdeath1128_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 September 2005 - 05:13 AM

Hello, This is my first post here. Visited the page many times and very very cool site. I'm sure everyone knows me from metpage. Anyway I'll get to the point.

I rip alot of vhs shows to dvd. I've been converting shows for a couple years now and always make menus and chapters. I've probably converted 75-100 Metallica shows that are currenlty in circulation. Some good, some not so good. Anyway, I have no artistic ability what so ever. When it comes to making menus, I just stopped even trying and just use a black background with a band logo. It works, just doesn't work very nice.

I'm not exactly sure how requesting art works, like if there are some rules or expecations so if I'm out of line, just slap me upside the head. I need some menu backgrounds. Nothing special, just something looks nice that would fit whatever tour the show is from.

I need East Rutherford April 1, 1997 menu.

Is there a limit on how many requests I can ask for? I just don't want to overstep my boundaries. I transfer alot of shows for people and I would feel better having some artwork that looks good for them, and the rest of the community that has to look at it.

Thank You

#2 Guest_jcfuel_*

Guest_jcfuel_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 September 2005 - 07:16 PM

How u doing man? Welcome to the board, this is the place for what you need.
I can work on this, but i need some details

Please specify the format (PAL or NTSC) along with other information about the project, such as date, location, whether it's a multi-cam or multiaudio show, etc. If you want anything specific on the artwork, such as pictures or text, please provide them. Also list how many menus you need, such as one Main menu, two Chapter menus, or whatever suits your project.

Cheers

#3 Harmony Havoc

Harmony Havoc

Girls Love Metallica Best

• Cover Artists
  • 712 posts
  • Favorite Album:They all kick ass!

Posted 01 September 2005 - 08:02 PM

I really like making menu art too and will be happy to help fill your requests. Please read the quote jcfuel posted above on how to make the requests. It is also requested that you only make one, well in this case two since there are two of us willing to help you, request at a time. When those are filled you are free to post another request.

Welcome to MetCoverArt and Thanks for coming by.

~~HHavoc~~
Posted Image

#4 Guest_creepingdeath1128_*

• Guests

Posted 01 September 2005 - 08:33 PM

Ok Thanks JC and Harmony, I really Appreciate your help with these, it means alot. I already ripped the show and authored it, but before I put it into circulation, I just wanted to reauthor it with a menu that looks nice.

Here is the information for the show

East Rutherford, NJ
April 1, 1997
Continental Airlines Arena
3 Cam Mix
NTSC Format
2 Discs

I just need 2 menus, One as the main menu and then one for the chapter menus

For the Main menu, i will use the same menu on both discs, I would just like to have it labled as Disc One and Disc Two

Also I am using Tmpeg DVD Author to author and chapter the shows. I'm not sure if that makes a difference at all, just so you know in case it does affect anything.

I have a few more shows that i will be transferring over the next week or two so once this one is done, I may request another as long as its ok with you guys.

Thanks again for your helping out and your time and effort, It is greatly appreciated. If there is any other information that is needed, just let me know.

#5 frantik2k3

frantik2k3

The Freelancer

• Cover Artists
  • 582 posts

Posted 02 September 2005 - 02:11 AM

Hey man, nice to see another metpager here :P

You can go ahead and make up to two or three requests at once, there has never been a Metallica request (whether cover art or menu artwork) that has gone unfinished.

I know I always like to see menu artwork I've done on the TV screen ^_^

#6 Harmony Havoc

Harmony Havoc

• Cover Artists
  • 712 posts

Posted 02 September 2005 - 02:17 AM

You're welcome. As Frantik said go ahead and post the other requests so we can decided who is making what. JC, since you answered first you get frirst crack at what show you want to make the menus for. :P I agree I like seeing my menu art on TV.
Posted Image

#7 Guest_jcfuel_*

Guest_jcfuel_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 September 2005 - 03:28 PM

Cool, thanks for the info. Then i'll do this menus for you. I'll be working them this weekend.

There's also HH and Frantic that are offering their skills for some artwork, so you can ask for another show.

BTW, tell me when it's ready, so we can make a trade for this.

Cheers

#8 Guest_creepingdeath1128_*

• Guests

Posted 02 September 2005 - 03:45 PM

Cool, thanks for the info. Then i'll do this menus for you. I'll be working them this weekend.

There's also HH and Frantic that are offering their skills for some artwork, so you can ask for another show.

BTW, tell me when it's ready, so we can make a trade for this.

Cheers

Ok Thanks a lot JC, i really appreciate it

Here are the screenshots from the show if youd like to see

http://www.slayers.u...lica/1997_04_01

Its slightly generated but overall its pretty good. The audio on the last 2 songs have some type of feedback or static but other than that, the audio sounds great on this show as well. Im looking forward to adding some nice looking menus to it.

thanks again, i really appreciate it.

I will see what show is next on the list of things to do and I will post the information in just a bit

#9 Guest_jcfuel_*

Guest_jcfuel_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 September 2005 - 03:42 AM

This is a preview of the covers i'd done. If you think something has to be modified, just let me know. Maybe i can add "Bootleg Filmer" in the blank space of the working pass :P

Main Menu
Posted Image

Chapters
Posted Image

Menu and chapter will be the same for Disc One and Disc Two.
Cheers

#10 Harmony Havoc

Harmony Havoc

• Cover Artists
  • 712 posts

Posted 03 September 2005 - 06:42 PM

This is a preview of the covers i'd done. If you think something has to be modified, just let me know. Maybe i can add "Bootleg Filmer" in the blank space of the working pass :P

I like that idea. :)

The menus look great. :rock:
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users