Buying a printer...

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_MegadeaD_*

Guest_MegadeaD_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 August 2006 - 12:42 AM

Ok , im going to buy a printer , but im not sure which one to get . I was looking around here
.I want to buy one that will print high quality, cd/dvd covers and stomps. Id also like one with a scanner . I dont really know anything about printers so any input would be handy :rolleyes: . I have around €200 to spend :rolleyes:

#2 Kathlib the Prophet

Kathlib the Prophet

Luck. Runs. Out.

• Staff
  • 2,885 posts
  • Favorite Album:They all kick ass!

Posted 04 August 2006 - 03:31 PM

I recommend the Epson Stylus Photo R320. It will print directly onto printable CDs/DVDs and has excellent print quality (I recommend printing cover artwork onto glossy photo paper with the highest print settings, it looks more professional). It's got some other features which I've never used, like image processing/editing directly from digital cameras. Check it out. The only downside I've run into is that it doesn't have a scanner built in, but you can buy standalone scanners for around $40. The Epson Stylus printer is priced about $140 or so (I've seen it for $125 as well), but you can usually get a rebate which brings the price down to about $100, which is how much I paid for mine at Office Max.

#3 Guest_MegadeaD_*

Guest_MegadeaD_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 August 2006 - 01:17 AM

I recommend the Epson Stylus Photo R320. It will print directly onto printable CDs/DVDs and has excellent print quality (I recommend printing cover artwork onto glossy photo paper with the highest print settings, it looks more professional). It's got some other features which I've never used, like image processing/editing directly from digital cameras. Check it out. The only downside I've run into is that it doesn't have a scanner built in, but you can buy standalone scanners for around $40. The Epson Stylus printer is priced about $140 or so (I've seen it for $125 as well), but you can usually get a rebate which brings the price down to about $100, which is how much I paid for mine at Office Max.

Thanks for the feedback :rolleyes:

#4 Guest_MegadeaD_*

Guest_MegadeaD_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 August 2006 - 05:53 PM

(I recommend printing cover artwork onto glossy photo paper with the highest print settings, it looks more professional).

What brand of paper do you use?

#5 Kathlib the Prophet

Kathlib the Prophet

Luck. Runs. Out.

• Staff
  • 2,885 posts

Posted 06 August 2006 - 08:28 PM

I haven't used that many different brands but what I've got right now is Royal Brites High Gloss Photo Paper. I think it's a relatively cheap brand, but it seems to work well.

#6 franticland

franticland
  • Cover Artists
  • 196 posts

Posted 10 August 2006 - 09:43 AM

I have Epson Stylus Photo R320's son ;) is R200-
That's very good printer...
i buy an external colours box...and i don't have problem 4 finish ink :)
this is any pics.
Posted Image
is very cool solution 4 more print user :)

Posted Image

#7 Mr.Metal

Mr.Metal

Hecho en Mexico

• Cover Artists
  • 226 posts

Posted 10 August 2006 - 07:58 PM

I also have the Epson R2000, it can also print directly on the disc and the ink last relatively long time. I printed around 25 DVD Covers before I was starting to run out of ink. The price was really good as I paid like 120$CAD and even got some glossy paper for free.
DVD List | Trading Status: OFF

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users