New cover format?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_hmetalhed_*

Guest_hmetalhed_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 December 2004 - 04:59 PM

i noticed all the new covers are in the form of booklets for the front page...is this a new format or is it just something your trying out?..this question is more aimed at spawn than anyone else

#2 Kathlib the Prophet

Kathlib the Prophet

Luck. Runs. Out.

• Staff
  • 2,885 posts
  • Favorite Album:They all kick ass!

Posted 05 December 2004 - 05:07 PM

Since we no longer have to spend 5 minutes uploading a full size cover like at Roamer's old MSN gallery, and because we have less limits on things like filesize and all that, we have a lot more freedom to create better quality cover art. I have been and will continue to make booklets, inlays, and CD stickers most of the time unless I'm unsure of how many discs there are or I just don't feel like making them.

#3 Guest_hmetalhed_*

Guest_hmetalhed_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 December 2004 - 05:17 PM

I have been and will continue to make booklets, inlays, and CD stickers most of the time unless I'm unsure of how many discs there are or I just don't feel like making them.

thats awesome!...i think the booklets look deadly...thanx for enhancing the world of coverart...by the way...hows the metvault show lookin?

#4 Kathlib the Prophet

Kathlib the Prophet

Luck. Runs. Out.

• Staff
  • 2,885 posts

Posted 06 December 2004 - 02:29 AM

by the way...hows the metvault show lookin?

Front
Inlay
Back

#5 Guest_masterofpuppets6115_*

Guest_masterofpuppets6115_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 December 2004 - 08:13 PM

Not Bad!!!

Spawn.... how do you make so great DVD Cover??? Now I have all my DVD with PhotoPaper and DVD Boxes. It tooks place, but is it worth.

#6 Kathlib the Prophet

Kathlib the Prophet

Luck. Runs. Out.

• Staff
  • 2,885 posts

Posted 07 December 2004 - 02:19 AM

Not Bad!!!

Spawn.... how do you make so great DVD Cover??? Now I have all my DVD with PhotoPaper and DVD Boxes. It tooks place, but is it worth.

Thanks. ^_^ I just printed my Gelsenkirchen, Germany 2004 DVD cover on glossy photo paper yesterday (this makes like the fifth cover I've ever printed :o ) and it looks fucking bad ass. :rock: There's a HUGE difference between regular paper, photo paper, and glossy photo paper. By the way, for anyone making DVD covers, I've printed both sizes we make them at, 905x607 or whatever it is and 1075x720 @ 100 resolution, and the latter is the perfect size, whereas 905x607 is really pixelated if you look closely. That Gelsenkirchen cover printed so fuckin good it looked like it was professionally made, and it looks absolutely killer in the DVD case. :rock:

#7 frantik2k3

frantik2k3

The Freelancer

• Cover Artists
  • 582 posts

Posted 07 December 2004 - 02:23 AM

What program did you use to print the DVD cover(s)? I have tried Nero, Roxio, and even Avery and all of them have cut about an inch from the side of the cover :blink: So much ink wasted.

#8 Kathlib the Prophet

Kathlib the Prophet

Luck. Runs. Out.

• Staff
  • 2,885 posts

Posted 07 December 2004 - 02:27 AM

For printing DVD cover art I recommend using Cover XP Pro. I think I'm going to write up a sticky topic for printing later and replace that one about printing the CD stickers. Keep all the information, but condense it down and cut out the chat.

Note about printing DVD covers: you may want to change the setting for the paper type from 8 1/2 by 11 to a larger size, otherwise it will cut off about a centimeter or two, but it works fine if you change the paper type setting to a larger size and no larger paper is actually needed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users