Banner needed

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_katrin_*

Guest_katrin_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 August 2006 - 05:45 PM

I know I request a lot, but this time it is something only I will take advantage of ;)
I would love to have a nice banner for my trading page and that I can also use when authoring a DVD.

The pic should could include some Met and some GNR, perhaps a bit like the stage they used in '92 (banners of the Use your Illusion and the Met member faces, I guess you know what I mean). I do not prefer any colors, artists always know better :)
The text should include something like "Kat's Bootleg Trading".
If pics are needed I could check some of the picture agencies I have access to, but I don't think that any of it has pics of the actual stage. The GNR pic is no problem, that one I have...

If someone here finds the time and inspiration to do it, that would be great.
Thanks in advance!

#2 Harmony Havoc

Harmony Havoc

Girls Love Metallica Best

• Cover Artists
  • 712 posts
  • Favorite Album:They all kick ass!

Posted 24 August 2006 - 05:01 AM

Hi Kat, I'll take a crack at it. But I dont want to go picuture hunting and then you not like the pictures, so upload a few pictures of both GnR and Metallica that you want in the banner. Thanks.
Posted Image

#3 Guest_katrin_*

Guest_katrin_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 August 2006 - 06:34 PM

:lol: You know that I love you, don't you?!

Honestly, thanks a lot, I really appreciate that. As my freewebs acount doesn't fit my collection any more, I am thinking about either making a real homepage or getting some space on metpage. So this new banner will find a nice home...

I don't have the pic of the stage banner Met used back then, the only image I know is in the upper right corner of the Chattanooga 92 DVD cover. I suppose you got a much better one of your own. The GNR Illusions covers are uploaded here. You can use the UYI I or II, doesn't matter for me. Just use the one you think fits better. Perhaps you can make the two pics the left and right "borders" and just use some "usual" stuff in between (or you make something completely different, if this idea is stupid :) ). I don't know how to explain better. Be sure that I kinda liked EVERY banner or cover of you I've seen so far :D

If you can't work with these pics, if you like it better to do banners with real pics or something, just let me know and I will think of something different and go hunting other pics down...

#4 Harmony Havoc

Harmony Havoc

• Cover Artists
  • 712 posts

Posted 25 August 2006 - 04:36 AM

Ok give me a week or so and thanks for the compliments.
Posted Image

#5 Guest_katrin_*

Guest_katrin_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 August 2006 - 07:16 AM

Perfect, thanks!

#6 Harmony Havoc

Harmony Havoc

• Cover Artists
  • 712 posts

Posted 29 August 2006 - 07:45 PM

I'm probably not going to have time to work on this till this weekend. But it is a three day weekend, so I should get some ideas down. Thanks.
Posted Image

#7 Guest_katrin_*

Guest_katrin_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 August 2006 - 07:10 AM

No problem, take your time!

#8 Harmony Havoc

Harmony Havoc

• Cover Artists
  • 712 posts

Posted 03 September 2006 - 02:32 PM

The pic should could include some Met and some GNR, perhaps a bit like the stage they used in '92 (banners of the Use your Illusion and the Met member faces, I guess you know what I mean).

Don't know what you mean at all..... I espically dont know hwaty you mean by "banners of the Use you Illusion" what banner?

I don't have the pic of the stage banner Met used back then, the only image I know is in the upper right corner of the Chattanooga 92 DVD cover.

I have no clue what you are talking about. The upper right corner of that cover is just plan old black. What is the "92 stage banner"?

And the send space link of the Use Your Illusions covers is expired. Where they pictures of the UYI album covers? I'm really really confussed since the album covers don't have picutres of the band on them?????????? Do you mean the bands logo???

Do you have one of the instaint messengers so we can chat and I can figure out what you mean. Thanks.
Posted Image

#9 Guest_katrin_*

Guest_katrin_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 September 2006 - 08:22 PM

The pic should could include some Met and some GNR, perhaps a bit like the stage they used in '92 (banners of the Use your Illusion and the Met member faces, I guess you know what I mean).

Don't know what you mean at all..... I espically dont know hwaty you mean by "banners of the Use you Illusion" what banner?

I don't have the pic of the stage banner Met used back then, the only image I know is in the upper right corner of the Chattanooga 92 DVD cover.

I have no clue what you are talking about. The upper right corner of that cover is just plan old black. What is the "92 stage banner"?

By Use your Illusion banners are the pics (not group photos) from the Use your Illusion albums meant. They used them as stage banners on the left and right side of the big stage in 1992.
By the Met banner I mean the pic of the faces of the four members in black/grey, also used as stage banners in 1992, at the GNR/Metallica co-headliner tour. The pic is in the upper right corner of the Chattanooga cover, but I've cut it out, I hope the resolution is good enough. You can find it in the attached zip file.

I am sorry, I don't have an instand messenger 'till now, but if you think that it would be easier, I can get one...

#10 Harmony Havoc

Harmony Havoc

• Cover Artists
  • 712 posts

Posted 03 September 2006 - 08:44 PM

No zip file attached, but now I see the 4 faces in the Chattanooga cover for the Metallica guys. (I didnt open the over all the way up and they weren't showing up on the smaller version of it.)

Now I pulled out my UYI albums, in the booklet there are a lot of individual photos of the GnR guys, so I still dont have a clue which ones of those you want to work.

I have one Metallica and one GnR video boot from that tour and did a quick scan but unfortunatly didnt see the banner you are talking about. If you could be more specific as to which ones of the GnR photos off the UYI album were used that would be great. Thanks.

Sorry for being so clueless. I swear I have blond roots under my auburn hair!!!!
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users