Such a n00bish question...

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_lost_prophet_*

Guest_lost_prophet_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 November 2004 - 07:07 PM

Im embarassed by this....

In Photoshop how do you resize an image you have dragged in to the canvas?

#2 Mr.Metal

Mr.Metal

Hecho en Mexico

• Cover Artists
  • 226 posts
  • Favorite Album:They all kick ass!

Posted 10 November 2004 - 07:56 PM

No worries dude, we have all been there :P Feel free to ask whenever you are stuck, but one of the most important things about Photoshop is that you can play with it, that is the easiest way to learn all that stuff. Don't be afraid of messing up, you can always hit
Control + alt + Z anytime :D

Anyway, about your question...It's easy and there are two ways to do it.

After pasting the picture into the canvas, you have to click on the "Move Tool" icon, to do that you have to press the icon on the menu that you see on the left or simply by pressing V on your keyboard.

Posted Image
(In the picture I put some red color so you can see it)

You will see that the picture will be sourounded by a box that means that you can now resize the picture however you want on the canvas by placing the cursor on one of the little boxes that appear on the corners of the picture and going left to right or viceversa or diagonally, whatever.

Posted Image
I recommend you to hold Shift on your keyboard while doing it so the picture won't be looking all unshaped (is that a word?)

Try not to make the pictures too big, because they will look all pixelated.

-----------------

The 2nd way to do it is by simply going to the menus that are on top.

Go to Image ---- and when the little window goes down, click where it says "Image size" and you can write the size that you want your picture to be. The only downside is that it's harder to get it exactly the way you want.

Hope you understand, I am really bad at explaining. :unsure:
DVD List | Trading Status: OFF

#3 Guest_lost_prophet_*

Guest_lost_prophet_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 November 2004 - 08:08 PM

http://img.photobuck...9/METSCREEN.jpg

^ the box doesnt appear for some reason...

#4 Mr.Metal

Mr.Metal

Hecho en Mexico

• Cover Artists
  • 226 posts

Posted 10 November 2004 - 08:23 PM

Click on the little box that says "Show Bounding Box"
DVD List | Trading Status: OFF

#5 Kathlib the Prophet

Kathlib the Prophet

Luck. Runs. Out.

• Staff
  • 2,885 posts

Posted 10 November 2004 - 09:24 PM

Another way, which is the way I use most when working inside a canvas, is to have the layer selected and go to Edit>Transform>Scale. From then on it's pretty simple.

#6 Guest_Guitarfreak454_*

Guest_Guitarfreak454_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 November 2004 - 11:57 PM

I always just go to Image>Image Size and tweak it out there. But It's nice to see all these new ways. :unsure:

#7 Guest_Speed Damage_*

Guest_Speed Damage_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 November 2004 - 02:53 AM

Edit - Transform - Scale is what I use because you can size it by eye (versus image size's numbers) and I think when doing Scale, it makes it look better when making it larger than its actual size (cuts down on the pixelation).

#8 leglessmoof

leglessmoof

I Like Cheese

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 11 November 2004 - 06:19 AM

I have really been meaning to learn how to use Photoshop. I might start playing around with artwork and I'm pretty sure I'll have some n00bish questions for you all. :-)

#9 frantik2k3

frantik2k3

The Freelancer

• Cover Artists
  • 582 posts

Posted 11 November 2004 - 07:20 AM

I have really been meaning to learn how to use Photoshop. I might start playing around with artwork and I'm pretty sure I'll have some n00bish questions for you all. :-)

Cool man, always nice to see some new artists make there starts!

Good luck, do not be afraid to ask questions, and most importantly...have some fun :unsure:

#10 Guest_Roamer_*

Guest_Roamer_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 November 2004 - 12:45 PM

Edit - Transform - Scale is what I use because you can size it by eye (versus image size's numbers) and I think when doing Scale, it makes it look better when making it larger than its actual size (cuts down on the pixelation).

I simply use Edit - Free Transform, to resize images. "Basically the same thing as what you said Damage, Inc. & Spawn" And just hold down on the shift key as your resizing it so it won't loose it's original shape.

Also remember to pick the layer you are wanting to resize. Then as Mr. Metal said just use the move tool to place it wherever you want on the canvas.

I agree with frantik2k3 it's great to see newly inspired artist's joining in and making covers :unsure:

Thanks much

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users