Follow all the guidelines in this topic.
Please do not bother members via PM or email to ask them to make covers. If a member wants to make a cover, he or she will say so in the request topic.
Members should only post one or two topics requesting cover artwork at one time.
Please do not post in all capital letters. Posts consisting of all capital letters are more difficult to read and manipulate when pasting track lists onto cover artwork.
Do not post cover requests for audio or video recordings that have been officially released. Requests for covers of official releases or for new covers to be made will be deleted. Buy the product, get the cover. This includes audio rips of official videos, DVDs, etc.
Do not post cover requests for things that are not Metallica-related. This website is for cover artwork of live recordings of Metallica concerts/television shows/interviews/etc. We do not make covers for other bands.
Do not request one cover for multiple shows if the shows are on separate discs. Not everyone has all the shows you do, so covers made for more than one show are usable by less people. These kinds of requests will be edited by staff.
Please do not link directly to images in our gallery. This is known as hotlinking and is theft of our bandwidth. Members found guilty of this may be permanently banned from viewing the gallery. Instead, link to the cover's display page (visit this page to learn how).
Artwork Gallery Rules & Guidelines
Please do not modify cover artwork created by someone else. If you require adjustments or need an alternate cover made, post a request topic here in the forum. In most cases, a staff member will have the .psd files for the cover, which means it can be edited and re-saved without quality loss.
Please do not upload covers for audio or video recordings that have been officially released. Such covers will be deleted immediately.
Posting an excessive amount of comments on artwork in the gallery is prohibited. It's okay to post a comment every now and then, but more than one or two at one time is a bit much.
Forum Rules & Guidelines
Standard forum guidelines:
- Do not type in all capital letters. It's hard to read and annoying.
- No excessive use of profanity. It is unprofessional and offensive and will not be tolerated.
- No racial, ethnic, political, gender based insults or any other personal discriminations.
- No posts meant to offend or hurt any other member in a manner which is offensive or inflammatory. You may not make personal attacks on other users or staff members either in our public forums or by using private messages.
- Pornography, warez, or any other illegal transactions may NOT be linked to in any way.
- Do not post or request official releases (including cover artwork for official releases). This website deals only in fan-created artwork for non-profitable personal use.
- We require all posts to be positive, constructive, and on topic. We may delete individual posts that could ruin a good topic thread.
- Users may not argue a moderator's decision publicly. Any and all complaints directed at a moderator must first be addressed via a PM. If the problem cannot be resolved, the forum administrators will make or change the final decision.
- Pictures may be posted as long as they are not explicit or offensive. If you plan on posting more then one image, please link the images rather then screening them. Remember some members are on a slower connection than others.
- Please post your topics in the appropriate forum. If a topic is recognized as being posted in the wrong forum, then the topic will be moved to the appropriate forum by one of our Moderators. If a post is in violation of our guidelines, it will also be dealt with accordingly by one of our Moderators. Any person(s) who attempts to present themselves as a Moderator by posting negatively to a member's topic will be sent a PM warning.
- Music fans are widely spread around the world. You know that, we know that, they know that. But since we can't translate everything that is posted in the board we must ask you to post only in the English language. Don't use another type of language (Portuguese, French, Spanish, Italian, Chinese, etc..etc...etc...) otherwise your post will be edited by one of the Moderators and/or Administrators. This does not apply to personal messages (PM) since they are based on a one-to-one conversation.
- Contact a moderator or administrator if you have any problems or questions. Every moderator/administrator will take you seriously and help you in the best way possible. Please understand that the staff is here full time to help you out. The message turn around time is very good so simply PM the proper staff member and be patient. Your problem will be solved quickly.
- Signatures may not be larger than 400x150 pixels and a 200 KB filesize. Please also keep text signatures under 8 lines. If your signature exceeds this limitation you will be requested by a moderator or admin to resize your image, failure to do so will result in the removal of your signature.
- No flashing or annoying animation (annoying will be determined by the number of complaints your sig gets)
- No porn or foul language
- No offensive content (offensive is defined as anything that generates a complaint and can range from porn to preaching)
- No links to warez or other illegal materials
- No links to any site for "points." No blind links to generate income.
- No links to viruses, fake viruses, or anything which could be of a violent nature to anyone's PC.
- Staff members reserve the right to remove a member's signature or avatar at any time without notice if it is deemed offensive in some way.
- Spamming and posting large amounts of useless replies. We are not interested in your post count, but in the quality of your posts.
- Make a lot of requests (for anything) in a short amount of time.
- Making a second or third request while your first one is still be worked on. Members who break this rule will be suspended for five days. If you know you're going to be on vacation or are going into the hospital or something, PM a staff member to get approval to post multiple requests. They will be unlocked as each request is filled.
- Asking for higher access. If the staff thinks you deserve better access, you will get it.
- Members with zero posts or who have not visited the forum in a long time are routinely deleted.
- Massive spamming.
- Breaking the rules (repeatedly).
- This is not the full set of regulations. Be sure to read through the pinned topics in each forum before posting.
- We reserve the right to suspend or ban any member who violates our guidelines or disrupts our community.
Edited by Kathlib the Prophet, 16 October 2009 - 10:00 PM.