how to create dvd, vcd, svcd menus?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_freakkitchen_*

Guest_freakkitchen_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 August 2005 - 11:22 AM

I create my dvd, vcd & svcd with nero vision expres, and I would like to create my own menus, but there are not many chances using nero.

For example, I would like to create a menú with the titles of the songs, but without screenshots of the song, but Nero don't allow me to to this.

How can I create my custom menus without the restricytions of Nero Vision Expres?

Can I create the DVD structure with Nero vision, and do the menú with another program?

Thanx

#2 Kathlib the Prophet

Kathlib the Prophet

Luck. Runs. Out.

• Staff
  • 2,885 posts
  • Favorite Album:They all kick ass!

Posted 01 September 2005 - 12:47 AM

The best and most professional program to use is DVD-lab PRO. You can author the videos to include menus, slideshows, and other neat things, then you can compile the DVD and burn the .VOB and .IFO files using Nero. If you decide to use DVD-lab, I recommend you take a look at the online manual and take the time to do the quick tutorial. It will help to get you familiar with the program's tools.

The second best program to use is much more basic but if you're a novice at DVD authoring you'll probably be better off with it, but you can't do things like add slideshows. It's called TMPGEnc DVD Author.

Also, you might want to check out these sites for useful information on how to author DVDs:

http://www.videohelp.com
How to convert DVDs back to MPG files for reauthor or reedit
Syncing External Audio Sources to a Video

Furthermore, we have a custom DVD menu artwork request forum if you ever want anyone to design custom graphics for your DVD menus:
http://www.metcovera...hp?showforum=20

#3 Guest_freakkitchen_*

Guest_freakkitchen_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 September 2005 - 12:03 PM

Thanks for your information.

Yesterday I got the DVD-lab PRO, and I will try it soon.

I already have TMPGEnc DVD Author, but I still have the same problem with the menus: I can't customize it, like in Nero Vision Express

I've download a DVD-lab PRO online manual in spanish (my language), and I guess soon I could try it.

I'll tell you about it, and I'll send you my future artwork to share it (if you think it's good enough to do it).

Thanks for all.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users