18 replies to this topic

#11 Kathlib the Prophet

Kathlib the Prophet

Luck. Runs. Out.

• Staff
  • 2,885 posts
  • Favorite Album:They all kick ass!

Posted 09 July 2006 - 12:45 PM

To print CD/DVD stomps, you'll want to get a CD & DVD LabelMaker. Memorex makes them (that's what I have), you should be able to find them at any Wal*Mart, OfficeMax, or any store that carries CD-Rs and other media. The lablemaker kit includes a plastic thing you fit the disc onto, and then you print the stomps onto stickers provided in the kit and apply them to the discs.

LightScribe burners are neat as fuck, as they actually burn the artwork onto the discs, and also save you a ton of money on ink by not printing the disc stomps. I have all three methods of printing disc stomps: the labelmaker kit, an Epson Stylus printer that prints directly onto dics, and the LightScribe burner in my laptop which burns the stomps directly to the discs. The LightScribe method is by far the cheapest, once you have the burner, and looks very cool. The Epson Stylus printed discs look awesome as well, since they're in color (LightScribe burns with black and shades of grey, but still looks really cool and definately better than a regular CD-R), but is more expensive because of buying ink. The labelmaker kit is the most expensive, since you have to buy both the sticker stomps and the ink for the printer, but the advantage is that you can apply stomps to regular discs that are not LightScribe discs or direct printing enabled.

#12 Guest_hmetalhed_*

Guest_hmetalhed_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 July 2006 - 11:31 PM

so i am assuming that since memorex makes the label maker kit...that i can just put the stomps over top of the memorex discs despite the fact that they already have a design on them?

memorex is definately my all time favourite cd-r to burn on

#13 Kathlib the Prophet

Kathlib the Prophet

Luck. Runs. Out.

• Staff
  • 2,885 posts

Posted 10 July 2006 - 12:17 AM

The disc stickers will fit onto any disc, it doesn't matter what kind they are.

#14 Guest_hmetalhed_*

Guest_hmetalhed_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 July 2006 - 02:59 AM

The disc stickers will fit onto any disc, it doesn't matter what kind they are.

that's good to know...the only discs that are sold in mass quantities here in Saskatchewan are memorex 50 packs..another thing that sucks is that they don't sell double disc cases anywhere here...although i have found places where i can order them for cheap...

#15 Guest_polpan_*

Guest_polpan_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 September 2006 - 07:05 AM

do you guys use glossy cd labels or just the plain ones...

:lol:

#16 frantik2k3

frantik2k3

The Freelancer

• Cover Artists
  • 582 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 01:59 PM

When I printed label, I used plain ones, but glossy would my preferred choice these days. Like said above, it provides that extra professional feel.

#17 hmetalhed

hmetalhed
  • Members
  • 5 posts
  • Favorite Album:St. Anger

Posted 31 October 2008 - 01:50 PM

so i was looking at the latest livemetallica covers for the World Magnetic tour...they are pretty wicked!..

i was planning on printing these but can't for the life of me figure out how to print the livemetallica cover files...

how do you guys print the livemetallica covers?

#18 Kathlib the Prophet

Kathlib the Prophet

Luck. Runs. Out.

• Staff
  • 2,885 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 02:59 PM

how do you guys print the livemetallica covers?

http://livemetallica...help.aspx#faq6a

Why can't I print the labels correctly?
All the CD labels, tray inserts, and booklets are in Adobe Acrobat format (PDF). The labels are designed for Neato label templates, available here. Please make sure you have Adobe Reader 6.x (available for free at http://www.adobe.com).

Please adjust your print settings in Adobe Reader as follows:

1. Page Scaling: NONE
2. Auto Rotate and Center: CHECKED

#19 hmetalhed

hmetalhed
  • Members
  • 5 posts
  • Favorite Album:St. Anger

Posted 01 November 2008 - 12:00 PM

oh i see they just print and are already the right size...that's pretty cool!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users