Done

Metallica Vault Request

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#11 Guest_hmetalhed_*

Guest_hmetalhed_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 April 2005 - 04:20 AM

sigh, if only the older ones had new covers....no im only joking...or am i?...yes i am..

The first three you mean? Yeah, they don't follow suit with the templates I made after the redesigned Met Vault was put online. Roamer made the first one, and after a couple months and people requesting covers I made the other two in Paint Shop Pro 7 and MS Paint, they were my second and third covers, after 1985.01.10 Scotia, NY. So, they all kind of suck.... :P

they are good covers don't get me wrong..and they would have followed suit had metvault not changes their design..but possibly someday someone will take on this task..

#12 frantik2k3

frantik2k3

The Freelancer

• Cover Artists
  • 582 posts
  • Favorite Album:They all kick ass!

Posted 03 April 2005 - 05:40 AM

Alright, so the MetVault logo is apparently harder to recreate than I thought :P But I came up with this for the inlay you want...

http://www.metcovera...ersal_Inlay.jpg

I can change it around if anyone can find something wrong with it.

#13 Guest_hmetalhed_*

Guest_hmetalhed_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 April 2005 - 05:51 AM

welll i definately can't see anything wrong with it...i love it man!...you're awesome man thanx a million...oh and spawn, about that remaking of the covers thing...i know you hate metvault covers but can you kinda keep it up in the air and maybe one of our many talented artists would take on the task..thanx everyone!

#14 Kathlib the Prophet

Kathlib the Prophet

Luck. Runs. Out.

• Staff
  • 2,885 posts

Posted 03 April 2005 - 04:01 PM

That looks pretty sweet frantik! :thumbs-up:

And I know the covers don't match, so I'm not condemning anyone if they would like to have ones that did, but yes I don't like making Met Vault covers and am not inclined to make them myself.

#15 Guest_hmetalhed_*

Guest_hmetalhed_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 April 2005 - 07:02 AM

Frantik2k3, could i bother you with this request?..i believe their are four in total...its alright if you dont wanna though because i understand it is alot....i am not 100% sure of the info at this moment but i can post the more details if necessary...thanx alot in advance! :thumbs-up:

#16 Kathlib the Prophet

Kathlib the Prophet

Luck. Runs. Out.

• Staff
  • 2,885 posts

Posted 04 April 2005 - 11:19 AM

There's three, not four.

Middletown 1994
a 1996 show
a 1998 show

#17 frantik2k3

frantik2k3

The Freelancer

• Cover Artists
  • 582 posts

Posted 04 April 2005 - 01:41 PM

Frantik2k3, could i bother you with this request?..i believe their are four in total...its alright if you dont wanna though because i understand it is alot....i am not 100% sure of the info at this moment but i can post the more details if necessary...thanx alot in advance!  :thumbs-up:

I was thinking about this before you asked and I might do it. I will add them to my list of covers to do, but I can not guarentee they will get done soon. I was hoping to finally get those 1998 covers that have been on my list forever completed :P Maybe within a few weeks or so...

Also, no need to post more information. I know which ones they are and the setlists and all.

#18 Guest_hmetalhed_*

Guest_hmetalhed_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 April 2005 - 04:51 AM

hey guess what everyone??? ....there is a new show in the vault once again..here's the info:

East Rutherford, NJ
Giants Stadium (7/18/92)

Creeping Death
Harvester of Sorrow
Fade to Black
Sad But True
Wherever I May Roam
Of Wolf and Man
For Whom the Bell Tolls
The Unforgiven
The Shortest Straw
Solo
Sanitarium
Master of Puppets
Seek & Destroy
Whiplash
Nothing Else Matters
Enter Sandman
One

ok heres the part that confusticates me though....On the site, where you download the songs, the last two are put in the order seen above (Sandman followed by One) although on the metlive setlist it says One followed by Enter Sandman...which kinda sounds alot more reasonable when compared to most setlists...but if thats what metvault says then i guess thats what the metvault cover should say right?...

Thanx in Advance to whomever decides to do this one...you rock :rock:

#19 frantik2k3

frantik2k3

The Freelancer

• Cover Artists
  • 582 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 05:38 AM

ok heres the part that confusticates me though....On the site, where you download the songs, the last two are put in the order seen above (Sandman followed by One) although on the metlive setlist it says One followed by Enter Sandman...which kinda sounds alot more reasonable when compared to most setlists...but if thats what metvault says then i guess thats what the metvault cover should say right?...

I guess I will just throw this on my list as well, as I am working on those other Vault ones too :D

Unless of course someone else would like to try out a Vault cover...just let me know.

I will put Sandman before One, because if you listen to the Vault tracks, Nothing Else Matters flows right into Sandman. It was obviously editted to be like that. Sjmike has information about the East Rutherford, NJ lossless show... http://s93563736.onl.../1992_07_18.htm

Oh well I guess, the cover shall be made to match up with the what the Vault has editted the show to be :)

#20 frantik2k3

frantik2k3

The Freelancer

• Cover Artists
  • 582 posts

Posted 09 April 2005 - 05:24 PM

Okay, yesterday was an artwork marathon. I redid the older Vault covers and did the new East Rutherford one. Enjoy B)

New One:
1992-07-18 East Rutherford, NJ

Remakes:
1994-06-17 Middletown, NY
1996-10-06 Birmingham, UK
1998-07-08 Cleveland, OH

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users