Done

Chicago Master Series

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_jcfuel_*

Guest_jcfuel_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 October 2005 - 02:53 PM

How u doin guys? There's not much move into the forum this days ... what happen!!!
Look, like the topic says, im currently working on covers for the Chicago Master Series (1997.02/07-08-09) that are being seed at metpage.org thanks to Deadone and Creepingdeath1128. BTW i'm one of the leaves, so in a short time, i'll be able to trade them.

Back to the topic, i have some ideas for those covers, like using the same background image on the three shows but in different colors, the front of covers will have screenshots, so i'll take my time sellecting them and in the back the setlist and some words about the shows.

The part where i need your help comes here. I want to create the spines, in a way that when you put the three DVDs together, you'll be able to see like a big spine, like if it's only one, hope i let you understand me, if not, im attaching some pics so you can figure out what im talking about. I've made to designs, so i want your comments /opinions on how to improve them or just telling ... Hey! that's cool :P

Posted Image

Posted Image

Cheers

#2 Mr.Metal

Mr.Metal

Hecho en Mexico

• Cover Artists
  • 226 posts
  • Favorite Album:They all kick ass!

Posted 13 October 2005 - 03:33 PM

Hey! that is cool!

Seriously, I like the 2nd one better, because you get to see which show it is and I really like the idea of having each spine being a different color. I think it will look cool when printed...good job man

Ahhh BTW, u were absolutely right on how the tree works :P
DVD List | Trading Status: OFF

#3 Kathlib the Prophet

Kathlib the Prophet

Luck. Runs. Out.

• Staff
  • 2,885 posts

Posted 13 October 2005 - 09:14 PM

Second one is better in my opinion as well. :P Great idea!

By the way, if it helps you any, each spine on a 1075x720 DVD cover is 55 pixels wide, plus I add in 1 pixel on each side of it (this would be the white guidelines you sometimes see on covers, but I always hide mine).

#4 Guest_jcfuel_*

Guest_jcfuel_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 October 2005 - 09:28 PM

The second one was my first idea, so i tried something different yesterday and that's what i got. I also prefer the second one, so as u agree with me, im gonna work with it.

I also wanna write something in the back cover, about the people that realease the shows, so i will ask again for more help, specially for my grammar ... which i'm not good :P

Cheers buddies!!

#5 metallifreak27

metallifreak27
  • Members
  • 224 posts

Posted 14 October 2005 - 03:53 AM

gday mate

i like the 2nd design better too, but just a couple of suggestions:

instead of having

"february 09th, 1997"

maybe have

"february 9th 1997"

just dropping the 0 in the date

even if you could make the "th" after the 9 a little smaller aswell?

just some suggestions thats all :P

cheers!
Dylan

#6 Guest_Lipsander_*

Guest_Lipsander_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 January 2006 - 06:02 PM

How's it coming?

#7 Guest_jcfuel_*

Guest_jcfuel_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 January 2006 - 11:57 PM

How's it coming?

I haven't received the DVDs yet. There has been a problem with the discs sent to my branch, well, DVDs got lost, so he didnt get them. That's why i havent finish the work.

As soon as i get them, i will continue working on them.

Cheers

#8 metallifreak27

metallifreak27
  • Members
  • 224 posts

Posted 29 January 2006 - 08:42 AM

are you too busy to work on them mate? as u dont need the DVD's themselves to make some cool covers! :)

#9 Guest_jcfuel_*

Guest_jcfuel_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 January 2006 - 11:34 PM

are you too busy to work on them mate? as u dont need the DVD's themselves to make some cool covers! :)

As i said in my first post

Back to the topic, i have some ideas for those covers, like using the same background image on the three shows but in different colors, the front of covers will have screenshots, so i'll take my time sellecting them and in the back the setlist and some words about the shows.

#10 Guest_Lipsander_*

Guest_Lipsander_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 February 2006 - 05:55 PM

If you need the discs.....pm me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users