So I realized an obvious way around this when I started printing covers from LiveMetallica.com. The LiveMetallica.com CD stomps are slightly larger then they need to be, so if they don't line up exactly, you still get the main part of the cover on the label and the extra runs off the label. It appears afterwords that the label lined up fine.
So here's what I did to print out Mr.Metal's latest CD stomp for the 2004.06.06 cover (only compatible with Neato templates of course) and it worked like a charm!
- 1. In Photoshop, open a random LiveMetallica.com CD stomp PDF file.
- 2. Open the cover you are trying to print (most likely it's a JPEG/BMP).
- 3. Copy and paste the cover into the LiveMetallica PDF. This will create a new layer.
- 4. In the new layer, set the opacity to 50%-ish (so it's transparent).
- 5. Drag and resize the new cover as necessary so that it exactly fits on top of one of the existing covers in the LiveMetallica PDF. This should be pretty easy to do since we made the cover semi-transparent in Step #4.
- 6. Now that the cover is lined up properly, set the opacity back to 100%.
- 7. Set the fill of layer 0 (the original PDF) to 0% so it won't show up at all.
- 8. Save the project to a temp PDF file.
- 9. Print the cover using Acrobat Reader (following the instructions in the LiveMetallica.com FAQ).
If I've seriously stumbled on to something genius here, I can write up a more-detailed guide on it. We could even start posting PDFs instead of JPEGs/BMPs if everyone wants to agree to use Neato templates.