11 replies to this topic

#1 johni

johni
  • Members
  • 8 posts
  • Favorite Album:Master of Puppets

Posted 01 February 2009 - 06:10 PM

Hi :)

I am looking for a DVD cover for the documentary described below. Any help would be most appreciated. Many thanks in advance :)

Metallica
2008/xx/xx
MTV Essential
MTV2 broadcast, documentary
MTV Europe production
Length: 42 minutes, 50 seconds

Description:
This special takes a look at the evolution of METALLICA and also catches up with the band now. New interviews discussing their new album "Death Magnetic" and also about their recent performance at Rock Am Ring festival.

#2 Kathlib the Prophet

Kathlib the Prophet

Luck. Runs. Out.

• Staff
  • 2,885 posts
  • Favorite Album:They all kick ass!

Posted 01 February 2009 - 06:20 PM

Is there a track list (chapters) for this particular DVD? Please also post 4 or more full-size screenshots (visit this topic if you don't know how to take screenshots from a DVD).

#3 johni

johni
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 07:45 PM

Is there a track list (chapters) for this particular DVD? Please also post 4 or more full-size screenshots (visit this topic if you don't know how to take screenshots from a DVD).

Ok :) Thank you very much for your answer. I have never done screen captures from DVDs, but I will look into it and give it a try. I have not watched the docoumentary yet (just got it), but in the info that followed the files it says it is chaptered, but not what the chapters are. Maybe I should watch it as well :) I hope I will sucseed with the screen captures and find out what the chapters are :)

#4 johni

johni
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 09:32 PM

I have taken a quick view through the doc. It has 6 chapters, no particular name. But is as follows:

Chapter 1 (Early days from 1981 and up to 1987) Kill 'Em All, Ride the Lightning and Master of Puppets era
Chapter 2 1988 - 1993, ...And Justice for All and Metallica era
Chapter 3 1994 - 1998, Load, ReLoad and Garage Inc era
Chapter 4 1999 - 2001, S&M (incl. the Napster controversy 2000/01)
Chapter 5 2001 - 2005 (Jason Newsted's departure/Robert Trujillo's arrival) St. Anger, Some Kind of Monster DVD (The chapter starts talking about the extended Sanitarium World Tour...)
Chapter 6 2006 - present, Death Magnetic (actually the only chapter I saw titled: ...And the Band Played On)

#5 johni

johni
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 10:26 PM

Here are some screenshots from the doc., hope they will show up and that they are ok, first time :)

MTV 2 logo:

#6 johni

johni
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 10:38 PM

Could not upload more...limit reached. I have thought making a donation, just as I have done at bootlegart.com, maybe I have to do that first to get more MB in upload? I will look around. So this is what I have manged uptil now...

#7 Kathlib the Prophet

Kathlib the Prophet

Luck. Runs. Out.

• Staff
  • 2,885 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 11:24 PM

I've increased the attachment space for members to 10 MBs; it was only two before.

Thank you for the screenshots and the donation, it's much appreciated. Here's your cover:

DVD Cover
Disc Stomp

#8 johni

johni
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 05:52 PM

Hi :) This is really great! Big smiles and lots of thanks to you for what you have done in rapid speed! Quality!!! :)

Here are the pictures I was not able to upload yesterday (I had stills from the doc. of all members (except for a "few" in the early days)...too late now then I think :) ...but here they are:

Nah...just to little MB/KBs for the Jason Newsted pic...But thanks again for the job on the artwork Kathlib the Prophet :)

#9 Kathlib the Prophet

Kathlib the Prophet

Luck. Runs. Out.

• Staff
  • 2,885 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 06:05 PM

Nah...just to little MB/KBs for the Jason Newsted pic...

It's because you're attaching BMP images, which are lossless bitmaps and as such tend to have large file sizes. You should save JPG files instead.

Just so you know, you can delete old attachments by going to My Controls --> Manage Your Attachments. You'll have to delete old attachments before you're able to post more screenshots for any other requests you might have.

#10 johni

johni
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 08:02 PM

Another lesson learned :) Thanks! :)

Here are the screenshots in JPEG:
Attached File  Kirk_Metallica_MTV_Essential.jpg   164.5KB   47 downloads
Attached File  Robert_Metallica_MTV_Essential.jpg   120.71KB   24 downloads
Attached File  Jason_Metallica_MTV_Essential.jpg   109.97KB   10 downloads
Attached File  Jason_2_Metallica_MTV_Essential.jpg   154.87KB   8 downloads
Attached File  Lars_Metallica_MTV_Essential.jpg   162.47KB   17 downloads
Attached File  Jason_Metallica_MTV_Essential.jpg   109.97KB   10 downloads
Attached File  James_Metallica_MTV_Essential.jpg   166.55KB   12 downloads
Attached File  Cliff_Metallica_MTV_Essential.jpg   196.68KB   14 downloads

...Sorry I did not have all the pix ready the first time, as I my thought all the members could have been considered for the cover. But now I know about the lossless/lossy issue. I got a little tangled up when reading the advice how to make screenshots, downloading the movie player classic and it mentioned .bmp in the text (go to File --> Save Image to save a .bmp screenshot). But now I know how to convert as well :)

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users