Ireland '88 shows

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Frans_*

Guest_Frans_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 November 2004 - 05:32 PM

So there I was, just sitting around trying to think of a theme around the 2 Ireland shows that didnt have covers yet, and I got the idea of making identical covers for them, in different shades, along with the name "Claiming the Emerald: Dublin/Belfast" (I thought it was a cool name, its also one of my favourite Thin Lizzy tracks; Emerald)

So now I come to you guys, in need of advice and suggestions on how to develop this idea to reality

I use Paint Shop Pro 7.04

#2 frantik2k3

frantik2k3

The Freelancer

• Cover Artists
  • 582 posts
  • Favorite Album:They all kick ass!

Posted 24 November 2004 - 11:21 PM

Well the best advice I can offer is...trial and error. From personal experience, no one can really tell me how to make good artwork. We all started out somewhere and most of us have become very familiar with the tools and functions that the programs have simply by practicing. Some tips can certainly help out as well.

You can check out these stickiesy if you have not already... Tips For Creating Artwork and How To Make Cover Art.

I would also try to use live pictures taken from those shows if any are available.

Good luck buddy.

#3 Guest_Frans_*

Guest_Frans_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 November 2004 - 04:12 PM

The problem though, is that I do know how to make art :unsure: BUT Dont have a clue how to handle this idea of mine themewise (always nice a bit of a theme in a bootleg, really gives me an oldschool vinyl vibe)

#4 Kathlib the Prophet

Kathlib the Prophet

Luck. Runs. Out.

• Staff
  • 2,885 posts
  • Favorite Album:They all kick ass!

Posted 25 November 2004 - 04:27 PM

I would make the main color scheme green, maybe throw in an Irish flag or something. Maybe you could search Google for pics of like emeralds, rubies, gold and stuff like that and combine that into the cover. Just a thought...

#5 Guest_sanitarium180_*

Guest_sanitarium180_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 November 2004 - 06:43 PM

maybe throw in an Irish flag or something

The flag idea could be a bit dodgy.. just remember not to put the green/white/orange tricolor on the Belfast one :unsure:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users