• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

#1 kwb

kwb
  • Members
  • 253 posts
  • Favorite Album:They all kick ass!

Posted 28 February 2006 - 10:04 PM

Well, since you guys are so damn good, I've got more shows without covers. Thanks to whoever makes this one. Here are the specs.

May 29, 1988 East Troy, WI Alpine Valley

1. Ecstasy
2. creeping
3. bellz
4. sanitarium
5. harvester
6. whiplash
7. fade
8. Seek & Destroy
9. puppets
10. jam
11. last caress
12. evil
13. battery

#2 Kathlib the Prophet

Kathlib the Prophet

Luck. Runs. Out.

• Staff
  • 2,885 posts

Posted 28 February 2006 - 10:21 PM

I guess I'll make this one, as I've already made matching covers for the 27th and 28th, both in the same location.

#3 frantik2k3

frantik2k3

The Freelancer

• Cover Artists
  • 582 posts

Posted 28 February 2006 - 10:53 PM

Are you sure you do not have a fake bootleg?

1988-05-29 is often a fake bootleg. Click here for Master Mike's Fake Bootleg Site and see his notes about the show.

A cover would not be bad to have, but I am just pointing out that you could possibly have a fake bootleg.

#4 kwb

kwb
  • Members
  • 253 posts

Posted 01 March 2006 - 01:57 PM

Frantik, I will check it out. I thought I got it from a reliable source, but it's worth looking into.

#5 MetallicaSMC

MetallicaSMC
  • Members
  • 196 posts

Posted 06 March 2006 - 07:34 AM

It is most likely the 28th. I seen the 29th show posted, but the setlist matched the show of the 28th.
Posted Image
Check out my DVD/Audio Site:
Metallica 1108 Audio 306 Video (Other Bands too)
http://metallicasmcs...reeservers.com/

#6 kwb

kwb
  • Members
  • 253 posts

Posted 13 March 2006 - 02:27 PM

Is this still in the works? I'm not rushing you if it is. Just with the questions of authenticity I'm wondering if it was dropped from the to do list.

#7 Kathlib the Prophet

Kathlib the Prophet

Luck. Runs. Out.

• Staff
  • 2,885 posts

Posted 13 March 2006 - 03:26 PM

I was waiting to see if you had determined if it was a fake or not.

#8 kwb

kwb
  • Members
  • 253 posts

Posted 13 March 2006 - 06:40 PM

To be honest, my work and home life have been insanely busy and I haven't really checked it out. I was going to check if there were any differences between the 28th and 29th, until I realized I didn't have the 28th. So if what you all say is true, then I likely have the 28th.

Therefore, Spawn just scratch the request. I have a couple more gigs without covers and I'll put up the request later. Thanks and sorry about the confusion. By the way, Spawn, do you happen to have any pictures of the MTV, VMA performance on 9/4/96(NY) or of the 9/5/91 VMA show(universal city). I don't want to request a whole cover made for these, but I can't seem to find a picture of either of these events. If you have some, or know where to find them, could you let me know.

#9 Kathlib the Prophet

Kathlib the Prophet

Luck. Runs. Out.

• Staff
  • 2,885 posts

Posted 13 March 2006 - 09:19 PM

To be honest, my work and home life have been insanely busy and I haven't really checked it out. I was going to check if there were any differences between the 28th and 29th, until I realized I didn't have the 28th. So if what you all say is true, then I likely have the 28th.

Therefore, Spawn just scratch the request. I have a couple more gigs without covers and I'll put up the request later. Thanks and sorry about the confusion. By the way, Spawn, do you happen to have any pictures of the MTV, VMA performance on 9/4/96(NY) or of the 9/5/91 VMA show(universal city). I don't want to request a whole cover made for these, but I can't seem to find a picture of either of these events. If you have some, or know where to find them, could you let me know.

Well, your tracklist matches the setlist for the 29th almost exactly, except yours has Harvester of Sorrow, whereas the setlist does not:

The Ecstasy of Gold
Creeping Death
For Whom the Bell Tolls
Welcome Home (Sanitarium)
Whiplash
Fade to Black
Seek & Destroy
Master of Puppets
"Run to the Hills" Jam
Last Caress
Am I Evil?
Battery

You might want to check out the bootleg if you ever find the time, it's always possible that you have the real deal.

And about the pics, I'm sorry but I don't have any... However, I would think that someone probably has some pics, considering the publicity of MTV events.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users