Done

All Access Metallica: VH1 Summer Sanitarium

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Lipsander_*

Guest_Lipsander_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 February 2005 - 07:51 PM

This was on Vh1 back in 2003. All I have is this on it, no date but it does tell about the whole episode.

It is 85 minutes long, but I cannot find a date. The show was taped from various 2003 shows.

http://www.vh1.com/s...ode_about.jhtml

Quoted from Vh1 ---> "VH1All Access: Metallica takes viewers on the road with one of the biggest rock bands on a mega summer tour. And it truly is all access. Where ever they go, whatever they do, our cameras will be right there - bringing fans both new and old a unique, intimate and memorable rock and roll experience."

#2 Kathlib the Prophet

Kathlib the Prophet

Luck. Runs. Out.

• Staff
  • 2,885 posts
  • Favorite Album:They all kick ass!

Posted 07 February 2005 - 08:53 PM

I'll do this, I just finished a VH1 cover and still have the logo and stuff in PSD format.

#3 Guest_Lipsander_*

Guest_Lipsander_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 February 2005 - 09:07 PM

I'll do this, I just finished a VH1 cover and still have the logo and stuff in PSD format.

Nice..................man you people rip here at this site. I've been @ Metfuk forever, I thought the people there were cool, it's the same here. \m/

#4 Kathlib the Prophet

Kathlib the Prophet

Luck. Runs. Out.

• Staff
  • 2,885 posts

Posted 07 February 2005 - 09:34 PM

man you people rip here at this site.  I've been @ Metfuk forever, I thought the people there were cool, it's the same here.  \m/

Well, the good thing about us is we're the only website like this, so we get traffic from a lot of different Metallica websites and have global links set up on a lot of them (All Metallica, Encyc Met, Metfuk, etc.) and get a good mix of members from all sorts of sites including The 4 Horsemen, Metpage, and the sites listed above. A more detailed history of this site and it's cover art galleries can be found here if you're interested. ;) Glad you like our website, welcome to the community.

#5 leglessmoof

leglessmoof

I Like Cheese

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 08 February 2005 - 05:10 AM

First of all this show was not 85 minutes long (unless you have a different version). It was aired during a 30-minute time slot so it's about 22 minutes in length.

It was filmed during the Chicago and Minneapolis shows of the Summer Sanitarium tour (July 26 and 27, 2003). I don't remember the original air date, but if I recall correctly it was sometime before August 15. [As I think about this more, I'm not so sure that's correct after all.]

It's mainly backstage footage and interviews, with tiny tiny clips of live footage. I actually really enjoyed it, the interviews were insightful (since at that point SKOM didn't exist) and the backstage footage was comical as always.

I still have the original VHS I recorded this show onto, and I put it on my compilation project 4 1/2 Hours of TV Shit.

#6 Kathlib the Prophet

Kathlib the Prophet

Luck. Runs. Out.

• Staff
  • 2,885 posts

Posted 12 February 2005 - 04:50 AM

Done, enjoy. :P It's kind of plain with a simple layout but I liked the colors, I think the orange and the green looks weird together, but at the same time they kind of look good on that particular cover...

Edit: the original links are broken, search the gallery to find the covers

#7 Mr.Metal

Mr.Metal

Hecho en Mexico

• Cover Artists
  • 226 posts

Posted 12 February 2005 - 04:26 PM

Haha those are excellent pictures, specially the one with James and his bodyguard.

Looks pretty cool, the St.Anger cover on the back makes it look really sharp.

Good job man :rock:
DVD List | Trading Status: OFF

#8 Guest_Lipsander_*

Guest_Lipsander_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 February 2005 - 10:18 PM

Thank you, thank you, thank you.......that is badass. \m/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users